Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our talented team of game creators as they embark in creating the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
You are a strange mixture of Artist and Coder, a Warrior Poet of sorts, you will take ownership of the Art tools and pipelines as we build our next game using Unreal Engine 4. You will possess excellent verbal and written skills as you will be the bridge between Art and Engineering disciplines, and help provide communication and cohesion between all groups
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows to realize the artistic vision
- Create efficient materials/shaders to be used across multiple game assets
- Actively drive framerate and memory optimisation, by any means necessary
- Establish content specs to achieve visual target while optimizing for target platforms
- Assist with the management/integration of all art assets, ability to get your hands dirty and lend a hand with content creation
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instil best practices
- Be the bridge between creative and engineering
- 2+ years of experience as a senior/lead technical artist
- Experienced with Unreal Engine (UE4), C++ and Blueprints. Additionally scripting skills such as MEL, Python, etc are desirable
- Experience in analytics and optimization best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Buckets of enthusiasm and self-motivation, and ability to motivate others and love of making games
- We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near Central Station
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours
- We work on challenging projects
- We have a games room with multiple game consoles, table tennis, and guitars
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruit
We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment, and offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidized fitness/gym memberships, breakfast provided every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
To apply, please use the link on this page or forward your resume by email to email@example.com.