As a Technical Artist, you’ll be working with a team of talented and experienced game developers and engineers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
Your role is to help improve the workflow and tools, highlighting deficiencies and suggesting features/improvements, while developing content designed to push our pipelines and technology to the limit.
- Using tools and scripts as necessary to optimize workflow for the art pipeline and asset management.
- Research and help development existing and new technologies in collaboration with Lead Artist and creative teams.
- Be technically competent and bridge the gap between Engineering and Art/Creative departments.
- Help the creative team diagnose and solve technical problems so they can realise their artistic vision.
- Work in collaboration with the Lead Artist and Technical Artists to develop tools, technology, and techniques.
- Share ideas and exploration of new art practices to continually improve the quality of development within the company.
- Assist in the development of project technical art specification, implementation, test plans and other necessary documentation as required.
- Develop quality art assets where required.
- Working within the production pipeline to ensure efficient asset creation and delivery, and a streamlined process for artists and engineers.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes.
- Strong technical background and working knowledge of art pipelines and their development.
- Skilled in developing art assets using 3D content creation software – Maya, Houdini, Substance, Photoshop.
- Experience working within a game development pipeline and real-time engines.
- Able to communicate and coordinate between technical and creative teams.
- Able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Ability to work proactively and under supervision.
- Investigate and provide feedback on our tools and pipelines from an artist’s perspective.
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Knowledge of current production technologies and their relevant application.
- Strong knowledge of producing quality art assets using 3D content creation software including Maya, Houdini, Substance and Photoshop.
- Experience of developing tools using python and QT framework.
- Experience with procedural pipelines.
- Experience with creating shaders.
- Experience with agile development process.
- We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near Central Station
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours
- We work on challenging projects
- We have a games room with multiple game consoles, table tennis, and guitars
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruit
We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment, and offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidized fitness/gym memberships, breakfast provided every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
To apply, please use the link on this page or forward your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.