Build Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Build Automation Engineer to join our DevOps team. We are a friendly team that likes to work closely with developers to make great games and tech. Our team likes to share knowledge, so you can expect to be able to learn from us and teach us something too.
As a part of the DevOps team, you will work with other team members to assist developers in managing source code, building binaries from it, testing and distributing them to the appropriate teams and studios. You will also help build and maintain the systems that make up the various Continuous Integration pipelines. These include Jenkins, Artifactory, Perforce and various others.
- You have a desire to automate repetitive tasks, and have done this before using a scripting or programming language. We use Python and shell among other things.
- You understand the benefits that CI can bring, either through direct experience, or through a desire to introduce such a system.
- You have used and are familiar with source control systems (eg: perforce / git / subversion), and understand their benefits and limitations.
- You are comfortable using Linux (any distribution) on the command line and can troubleshoot system and performance issues.
- You talk to people openly and ask questions to understand their requirements. You also understand the value of keeping logs of interactions and requirements in tracking and documentation systems like Jira and Confluence.
- Understand low-level concepts in Linux or Windows administration (e.g. building systems from scratch, making kernel module changes, understanding of NTFS or EXT4 filesystems).
- Have created and fixed problems in build files (VS Projects, CMake, Makefiles).
- Have used Docker or other container technologies to deploy bespoke production systems.
- Have used or deployed Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies.
- We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near Central Station
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours
- We work on challenging projects
- We have a games room with multiple game consoles, table tennis, and guitars
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruit
We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment, and offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidized fitness/gym memberships, breakfast provided every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
To apply, please use the link on this page or forward your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.