Gameplay Programmer, C++ - Vehicle Physics
We are seeking a physics programmer to join our studio. We are looking for someone with experience, who has the ability to work in a fast-moving environment and adapt to working with different technology stacks as required. Previous experience in game development and related technology is a plus. You will have the opportunity to develop top-notch low-level physics systems for our next generation of games and help deliver an awesome player experience.
- Experience working on physics systems in at least one game engine, UE4 a plus
- Solid understanding of vehicle physics, spatial data structures, collisions and intersection testing and performance issues related to complex equations
- Experience on the creation of vehicle architecture, code, and tooling and the physics of driving/flying in those vehicles
- Very strong math skills and background
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A strong desire to create world-class games
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with any other programming languages, especially Python
- Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Shipped games
- We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near Central Station
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours
- We work on challenging projects
- We have a games room with multiple game consoles, table tennis, and guitars
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruit
We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment, and offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidized fitness/gym memberships, breakfast provided every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
To apply, please use the link on this page or forward your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.